Adding Words to Obstino
There are two ways you can add words to Obstino.
- Directly in the app
- Using the Share Extension — best for adding words from other applications, such as when browsing the web or reading an email.
Adding a word directly in the app
Tap on the new word button, or use the Command-N shortcut to bring up the new word view. Then type the word.
Once you add the word, Obstino will automatically download the word’s information and show you the following:
- Definition in the target language — if you are already at the intermediate level or above, you should try to understand the word through the definition in the target language.
- Translation (optional) — beginners and intermediate students can use translation to understand the meaning of the word.
- Audio recording — play the recording to find out how the word is pronounced.
Adding a word from other applications using the Share Extension
You can use Obstino’s share extension to add new words from other applications.
For example, if you are reading an article in the browser and you notice a word you want to learn, you can select the sentence that contains the word and quickly add it to Obstino.
- Select the entire sentence that contains the word (we want to save the sentence in which we found the word, as well).
- Tap on Share -> Obstino.
- Select a word you want to learn from the sentence.
- Click the save button.
Now when you go to Obstino the word appears in the library.